The creamy melt in your mouth salmon in this spicy coconuty curry is not only yum but also highly nutritious.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
If you're like me who hates the smell of salmon but loves the texture, this is the best dish for you guys. When I was pregnant my super sense of smell couldn’t stand the smell of a cooked salmon. But since its packed with nutrients I can't let one sense spoil the nutrients going to my baby. While I was sobbing about this to all, my clever little sister-in-law gave me this recipe which I have tweaked to my taste buds. Hope you all will enjoy …
Watch the video recipe here
Salmon file without skin
Red Chili powder
For coconut curry:
Green chili, split
4- 6 cloves
Finely chopped onion
Red Chili powder
1. Clean the fish and dice it into 1 inch pieces.
2. Add salt, turmeric, chili powder and lime juice ( ingredients under marinating).
3. Mix them together and let it marinate for about 15- 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile lets prepare the coconut curry
5. Heat oil in a pan and sauté green chilies, garlic and ginger for few seconds.
6. Now add onion and sauté until translucent.
7. Add turmeric, chili powder, salt and cook it for couple of seconds and add the diced tomato and little water.
8. Allow the mixture to cook on a medium low flame until the tomatoes are mushy.
9. Add about 1/2 cup of water and bring the curry to gentle boil.
10. And then add the marinated fish and cook for about 7 minutes.
11. Finally add coconut milk, lime juice and cook just until boil.
Now the curry is ready to be served
• You could make this curry with any cod fish. • You could increase / decrease the amount of species to suit your family. • I love coconut so I have added more of coconut milk, you could vary the amount of coconut milk You can add other veggies like carrot, bell peppers ect.