The famous type of Indian sandwich recipe is Bombay sandwich. It's easy to make and loaded with nutritious vegetables. This sandwich is versatile and can be customized easily to one's desire.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Watch the video recipe here
Bread of your choice
Boiled potato, sliced
Sandwich masala/ chat masala
Boiled beetroot (optional)
1. Trim the edges of the bread if needed.
2. Add salt to the green chutney of not added.
3. Generously spread butter on one side of the bread slices.
4. Followed by spicy green chutney.
5. Then layer the vegetables, I have started with potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, onion slices.
6. Sprinkle each layer of vegetables with sandwich masala/ chat masala for extra taste.
7. Finally cover it the other slice of bread and press the sandwich together few times. This will enable the sandwich to stay in place.
8. Enjoy the this simple delicious sandwich with your favorite ketchup or chutneys.
Sandwich Masala Recipe: http://www.surekhascookhouse.com/recipes/extras/Street-vendors-Sandwich-masala/
Geen Chutney Recipe: http://www.surekhascookhouse.com/recipes/chutney/Basic-Green-Chutney-Essential-in-every-Indian-Kitchen/
1. You could use brown bread too. 2. As prep you could boil & slice vegetables and refrigerate. Except onions. 3. You could store the sandwich in an airtight container for few hours. 4. Can be toasted and made into grilled sandwich too.