Sukku Kuzhambhu (or) Dry Ginger Gravy
Having a bad cold/ cough day? Try this heartwarming sukku kuzhambhu which tastes heavenly and is a natural cure for cold, cough and digestion problems. Suitable for kids, New moms and even to elders.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Watch the video recipe here
For Sukku Mixture:
|Sukku / dry ginger
||1 inch (crush it in the pestle)
|Dry red chilies
|Curry leaves (optional)
For Kulambhu/ Gravy:
1. In a pan add ghee and roast the crushed sukku/ dry ginger, toor dal, peppercorns, dry red chilies and curry leaves.
2. Allow the mixture to cool and grind it into a paste with little water.
3. Meanwhile soak tamarind in warm water for 5 minutes and extract its juice for about 1 cup.
4. In a kadai/ pan add sesame oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, curry leaves and sauté until seeds pop.
5. Then pour in the tamarind juice along with turmeric, sukku mixture, salt and bring it to boil in medium low heat for over 10 minutes.
6. The add jaggery and adjust its salt.
7. When the gravy comes to a desired consistency and oozes oil switch off and serve hot with rice. It’s a good idea to eat this kuzhambhu for 2 meals.
1. Mix some rice flour in water and add it to the gravy to get thicker gravy.
2. It’s a good idea to eat this kuzhambhu for 2 meals. This helps to beat the heat that’s generated by the body.
This recipe is viewed 431 times
Posted by Surekha on Sept. 11, 2018, 9:30 a.m.
You might also like: