Bored of same old upma? Try this healthy couscous upma recipe for a change and giver your family a healthy morning meal in just minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
If your my regular follower by now you would have come across many couscous recipes. Yes finally I have completed my pack of couscous and this journey has inspired me to buy the next pack and try to incorporate couscous in our regular diet.
This recipe of upma is yet another alternative way to make the bland couscous more interesting to eat and suit our Indian taste buds. Couscous upma is just like the regular upma but much more healthier and quick to make.
Hope you all will give this a try and start your day with a healthy meal. Spread health and happiness to all around you.
Watch the video recipe here
Onion, finely chopped
Vegetables, Finely chopped (carrot, Beans)
1. Heat a pan/ kadai and add oil, ghee, cinnamon, cloves, let them pop.
2. Then add ginger, garlic, green chili, onion and saute for few minutes.
3. Once onions are translucent add the vegetables of your choice, along with salt, turmeric, garam masala and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Now add couscous and saute for few minutes.
5. Then add water and cook until the water is absorbed, it takes just couple of minutes.
6. Finally switch off the flame and allow it to rest for 10 minutes with the lid on.
7. Now fluff up the couscous upma and garnish with coriander. Serve hot with any chutney.
1. For more kichidi like texture you can pulse the couscous in a blender few times and use it. 2. I Have used whole grain couscous, You can use reglar couscous that’s available.