Javvarisi Kozhukattai (or) Sweet Sago Dumpling
Javvarisi kozhukattai or sago dumpling is an easy sweet treat to make for festivals or for an evening snack. Sago/ javvarisi/ tapioca perals aids digestion and thus a good addition to families diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
|Sago/ Javvarisi/ Tapioca Pearls
|Fresh coconut, grated
|Cashew nuts, fried
1. If using big sago pearls soak it over night or at least for 2 hours.
2. Pulse the soaked sago just few times, this step is optional. If you have soaked it overnight you can just mash it with your hands. This step helps in getting different textures.
3. In a bowl add the mashed sago, salt, rice flour and knead into a dough. Use little hot water if the mixture is dry.
4. Now prepare the stuffing, In a separate bowl mix together coconut, sugar, cashews, and cardamom. Allow the filling to rest for few minutes.
5. Meanwhile grease your hands with water and divide the sago dough into 6-8 portions.
6. Then take one portion of the dough, flatten it, fill in the stuffing and seal it carefully without cracks. Check the video for reference.
7. Similarly prepare the rest of the dumplings.
8. Slightly grease the idly plates and cook the dumplings for 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
9. Serve hot and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
1. Do not over pulse the sago.
This recipe is viewed 776 times
Posted by Surekha on Sept. 24, 2018, 9:30 a.m.
You might also like: