||1 1/2 cup
1. Pressure cook dal, tomato, onion, garlic, tamarind, split green chili and water.
2. Pressure cook on a medium flame for 3- 5 whistles. Let all the pressure escape. Open the cooker and mash all the ingredients with a masher or just a spoon will do good.
3. In a small pan heat oil and add mustards and cumin after they splutter add asafetida and remove from the heat.
4. Now mix the tempering with the mashed gravy. Then work is done..
5. Serve hot with rice and little ghee.
This recipe is viewed 2086 times
Posted by Surekha on Aug. 18, 2014, 11:12 p.m.
You might also like: