All-time favorite summer drink from kids to elders is Rose milk, Make it fresh at home without any preservatives or food coloring. Its all natural and the best blood purifier for summers.
Prep time: 2 days
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 bottle
After decades of searching for rose petals in the place I live (sweden), I finally found a shop that sells dry rose petals. Thus tried this recipe for couple of times to ensure its authenticity and got the perfect proportion. We know rose milk just as a cool summer drink, but there is much more to it. When rose milk is made from all natural ingredients it’s the best blood purifier. Thus it’s a good idea to give your kids rose milk or any rose syrup drinks like sarbath , rose Popsicle few times in a summer.
Hope you will give this recipe a try and share the joy of healthy being with all.
Watch the video recipe here
Dry Rose petals
Milk, boiled & cooled
1. Wash & soak the rose petals overnight in 1 cup of water.
2. Next day strain the liquid and reserve the petals for later.
3. In a sauce pan add the strained liquid, sugar and bring it to a boil.
4. Once the sugars are completely dissolved add in the beetroot/ dry hibiscus powder.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil once again on medium flame. Boil this mixture for about 5-7 minutes or until it becomes thick and syrupy consistency.
6. Now stain the mixture once again and add in the reserved rose petals.
7. Cool the syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours - overnight- this is to infuse the rose flavors.
8. Next day strain the homemade all natural rose syrup into a clean container and enjoy your favorite drinks for the summer.
9. Can be stored in refrigerator for about a month.
Take a glass of chilled milk and add few tablespoons for rose syrup. Add more sweetener of needed and mix it well. Serve cold and enjoy the summer.
1. Use hibiscus powder or flowers if available. That’s much more healthy. 2. You can substitute sugar to jaggery, but the color won't be pink. 3. You can use fresh rose petals instead of dry once too. If using fresh go for at least 1/2 kg.