From babies till diabetics all can enjoy this easy and iron rich surgarfree jam. Will you believe if I say this is the healthiest jam recipe in the world? Has no added refined sugar, honey or stevia, just all natural.
Prep time: <5 minutes
Cooking time: <20 minutes
Serves: 200 grms
We have all come across a point where we know the sugar is dangerous to health. Yet there are things we still wouldn't want to miss out just because of the widespread sugar report. One such is Jam, most sweet tooth people and kids enjoy jam on their breads and even with idlies and dosas.
While we are ok to have this pleasurable delight at least once in a while but as a parent we would not serve this harmful item to our kids or allow our kids to get addicted to sugars.
Since I am a mom now and I want to serve my kid with as healthy food as possible I started to explore the alternatives which are of course natural. My Little one has a well-developed tiny taste buds which demands only grownup foods. Thus this recipe was born in my kitchen. It has all nutrients and can be replaced with sugar from making muffins to a simple spread on a toast. This made our family breakfast to be easy and healthy as we adults also enjoy it.
Give it a try and hope you will be amazed with the outcome and start your day with the healthy addiction.:) Sugarless muffin recipe is soon to come …
Watch the video recipe here
1. Deseed the dates.
2. Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and add water to it.
3. Once the water is warm then add prunes, apricots, dates, raisins and any other dry fruits of your choice.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Cover and cook the fruits for about 10-15 mins on the lowest heat.
6. After 15 minutes the fruits must have become hydrated and plumped up.
7. Allow the mixture to cool completely and then grind into a fine paste in a blender.
8. Store it in a clean glass bottle / an airtight.
Shelf life: 2-3 weeks in refrigerator.
1. Since its easy to make - make in small batches and store it. 2.You can use any dry fruit as you wish but need to change the ratios as per the fruits. 3. You use it to sweetend your baby's porridges and also as a spread over the toast.