Soft and nutritious muffins for babies. These Healthy sugar free muffins get their sweetness from dry fruits and banana. The Spongy texture of the muffins are prefect for babies under 1 till older kids.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 medium
Sugar Free baby muffins are soft and moist muffins. You will be surprised how sweet and crumbly the muffins are without sugar. Do not underestimate the taste of these muffins. Try yourself and get amazed. This is one of the very versatile muffin recipe which can be altered to one's taste buds. Being a parent in this generation seems to be more daunting than ever. With all the GMO foods etc.. Since I became a parent I too started to hunt for baby recipes that are healthy and without sugar. I have tried many recipes online and have not been satisfied. After trying and testing for about a year now got this perfect versatile recipe for babies.
We must be very careful what we give our kids. When K started solid at around 6 months she refused to take in any pureed foods. This was unusual as a Indian parent. Then after doing many research I came across Baby-Led Weaning and thus our journey started in this new food world. She would eat soft solids and which was good but I was worried she wouldn’t get more nutrition. Finally came across muffins that are for babies and they are working like a charm till this day.
You can see the alternative ingredients in the tips. These muffins are soft and moist since it has oil. There is no processed sugar in it and is suitable for babies under 1 because the recipe doesn't have sugar, honey or salt. You can make these entirely with oats too.
Hope you guys will give it a try. Hope this recipe will help some parent out there. Happy Baking:)
Watch the video recipe here
Wheat Flour/ All-purpose Flour
Oil/ Coconut oil, Canola oil
Homemade Fruit Jam/ Honey
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease the muffin pans if needed and set aside.
2. In a bowl mash the banana well without lumps.
3. Then add rest of the wet Ingredients like Egg, Oil, Homemade fruit jam, Yoghurt and mix them all together.
4. In a separate bowl add oats and sift wheat flour, baking powder, ginger powder, cardamom powder together into the bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
5. Now add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Finally fill the muffin tray to 3/4th with the prepared muffin batter. Set the muffin tray in the preheated oven and bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
7. The muffins would have raised and got a golden brown top at the end. Tooth pick inserted will come out clean.
8. Cool the muffins on a wire rack and enjoy these super delicious soft muffins.
1. You can use 3/4th cup of apple puree instead of banana. 2. Get creative with your flavorings and toppings like vanilla, cinnamon etc. 3. You can fully add wheat flour and skip oats too. But hold back on the yoghurt and add it at the last if the mixture is too dry. 4. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for about 5 days. Or freeze until 3 months.