Couscous puttu makes your busy morning easy & healthy. This 5 minutes breakfast is hearty and nutritious. Toddler friendly snack that can be made in a jiffy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
To make my toddlers diet more healthy I had to buy couscous along with other nutritious grains. But unfortunately none of us were a big fan of couscous salad. I did make baked couscous patties which we loved. I found that the use of couscous in our pantry was very minimal, thus I had to look out of the box even in the internet and found this awesome recipe from ticklingpalates and got inspired to try, after few trial and error I finally got the perfect puttu that fits our families palates.
Like me if you happen to wonder what to do with the leftover pack of couscous , give this recipe a try and you will start buying couscous on regular basis. This couscous recipe is easy to make and kids love it. My picky toddler asks for second serving ..
Hope you will give this recipe a try. Happy tummy, happy home. Spread the joy & health.
Watch the video recipe here
1. If you want finer puttu pulse the couscous in a blender for few times, Until its slightly broken.
2. For cooking the couscous, boil water (as per your package directions) & salt in a pan and add the prepared couscous, You will notice the water getting absorbed immediately.
3. Once the water is absorbed cover and remove from heat. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
4. Finally mix in jaggery, cardamom & coconut and serve.
5.It tastes good & soft even when cold.
1. Flavouring it with cardomom/ coconut is optional. 2. Use your package directions to cook the couscous.