Looking for a Party Idea without meat? This Egg Biriyani could be your lifesaver. Get the satisfaction of the hearty Restaurant Style Biriyani without meat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Egg Biriyani yeah!! I too down looked at it when I heard it first. But after trying it myself I too got stuck into the loop. Im a person who loves Biriyanis with meats in it. This egg Biriyani changed my perception on eggs & biriyanis. Thus I would suggest you to try and then judge.
This recipe was shared by my co-sister. She is an eggetarian by diet and a doctorate by knowledge (this recipe would prove studious doesn’t mean you cannot be creative in kitchen). She made her own twists on Chef Venkatesh bhats Recipe.
Hope you will give it a try and awe your family at your next party meal.
Watch the video recipe here
Ginger garlic paste
Poppy seed Paste:
1. Firstly start by boiling the eggs to a hard boil. Then peel the eggs and marinate it with chili powder, garam masala powder and salt.
2. In a Separate bowl soak Poppy seeds and Cashew nuts in hot water for 10 minutes and grind it into a fine paste.
3. Soak Saffron strands in milk and keep it aside.
4. Cook the rice along with little salt to 75% doneness in a heavy bottom vessel for about 5- 7 minutes. Strain and keep the rice aside. (Check the video).
5. Heat oil in a heavy bottom vessel. Shallow fry the onions until brown and strain the browned onions on a paper towel.
6. In the same pan you could fry those marinated eggs as an optional step.
7. In the same pan add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, green chilies, onion and sauté until onions are translucent.
8. Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few more minutes until raw smell is gone.
9. Now add Turmeric, Chili powder, cashew paste, salt along with half a cup of water and cook on a medium low flame for couple of minutes until oil oozes or the mixture becomes like a thick gravy.
10. Then Layer the rice over the gravy along with marinated eggs, browned onions and saffron milk and cover and put it on dum / very low heat for about 10- 15 minutes.
11. Finish it off by fluffing the rice and garnishing with coriander leaves.
If you have overcooked the rice slightly , just run it under the cold water immediately.