Amaze your fuzzy kids and family with this carrot rice and they will love the savory version of this vege more than the sweet version.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
carrot rice is a quick and easy lunch box food. To make this recipe you need not have an Indian pantry. Carrot is one of the vegetable which is available almost all over the globe. And rest of the ingredients used in this recipe is a staple pantry items in many cuisines. You can make it even with the leftover rice.
2 1/2- 3 Cups
Dry red chili
Onion, finely chopped
1. Add oil and garlic to a cold pan and heat the pan in a medium flame. This will infuse the flavor of garlic into the oil.
2. As soon as you get a garlicky aroma, add red chili, mustard, cumin, peanuts (optional) and allow the seeds pop.
3. Now gently add chopped onions and saute till onions become translucent. Then add turmeric , and cook the onions to light golden brown.
4. Finally add shredded carrot , salt and saute until they are fully cooked.
5. Mix Cooked rice and carrot mixture together and now your lunch is ready to pack.
Can be served hot or cold. It can be had has a stand-alone meal or can be complimented with raita, eggs, pickles etc.