Tomato mint chutney goes well with any kind of breakfasts. The tangy tomatoes combined with the fragrant mint makes the morning breakfast yummy and refreshing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
As of Indians we are on constant search of easy chutney recipes that suits our busy morning and the hot summer. The usage of mint in the Tomato mint chutney also helps in digestion & beats bad breath in the morning. This chutney recipe was a pass down from kittyma. This tomato mint chutney stays good for a day even without refrigeration, thus makes it suitable for travel food as well. It goes well with idlies, appams, dosas ect.
Watch the video recipe here
Dry red chilies
Small 1 inch piece
Green Chutney/Mint leaves
2 tsp/ tightly packed 1/4 cup
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients like mustard seeds, cumin seeds & hing.
2. Once the seeds pop transfer it to a bowl.
3. In the same pan add oil and sauté chilies, tamarind, onion, tomato for 5 minutes or until tomato turns mushy.
4. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
5. Grind the mixture along with fresh coriander and salt.
Ready to serve with any hot idles or breakfast recipes.