A colorful meal with a punch of essential nutrients not only for kids even for adults! Make your lunchbox meal exciting with this capsicum rice recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This is one of my husband's go to lunch box meal. Even at his deep sleep if I ask him what he wants for lunch his immediate answer would be capsicum rice. I'm not a big fan of capsicum, but after trying this recipe to my shock I started liking capsicum. Make your recipe interesting by using different colored capsicums. Each colored capsicum adds unique flavor and nutrients to your dish.
Ginger garlic paste
Peanuts/ cashew nuts (Optional)
To be dry roasted and powdered:
Dry red chilies
1. Cook the rice till al dente with 2 cups of water and spread it on a flat surface to cool.
2. Dry roast and powder Dry red chilies, Urad dal, chana dal, Coriander seeds and shredded coconut (fresh or dried, both can be used).
3. Heat a Pan with oil. Add mustard seeds, peanuts/ cashew nuts and allow the seeds to pop.
4. Add chopped onion and sauté until they are turn golden in color. Then add turmeric, salt, ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw flavor is gone.
5. Now add the chopped capsicum and cook for couple of minutes until they become slightly soft but still crunchy.
6. Then add the dry roasted power and mix well and you can add butter or ghee at this point.
7. Finally mix the mixture with cooked rice and box it for lunch.