Spice up your rice dish with Indian spices and let your taste pallets be surprised.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Are you bored of having white rice with your gravies? This is a quick and easy recipe to perk up your rice and turn an ordinary meal to a festive meal. My little girl who is just a year enjoys this dish. Make your rice delicious and healthy at the same time. As you all know cumin seeds are one of the best natural medicine to digestive problems. It's also said the have many other benefits like immune boost, Rich in iron etc. More of all it goes well with any spicy meat / vegetable curry. In fact it's on the top item in my Togo list of party recipes or a casual holiday meal.
Watch the video recipe here
1 inch stick
2 inch pieces
1. Wash and soak rice for at least 20-30 mins.
2. Grind together garlic, ginger and green chilies into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods and sauté until the seeds pop and the aroma is released.
4. Now dump in the sliced onions and cook until translucent in medium low heat, Be careful not to bring any color to the onions.
5. Then add the green chili paste and saute until the raw flavour of ginger and garlic is gone.
6. Add salt , yoghurt and cook for a minute. Then add water and bring it to boil.
7. Finally add the soaked rice to the boiling water and close the lid
8. Allow it to cook on a slow flame for about 12 minutes.
9. Take it off the heat, Open the lid after 12 minutes and fluff up the rice. If you notice some water just cover n cook for few more mins
10. Finally let it rest for 5 more minutes.
11. Now the rice is ready to be served after resting.