Kids-friendly paneer dish. Delicate and Soft paneer in a Creamy and Royal cashew sauce which goes well with Rotis and Pulao. White paneer gravy is simple yet deliciously rich party gravy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
There are certain dishes which become a hit right at the get go. This white paneer gravy is one such recipe. I thank one of my kitchen mentor my cousin (shalika) for this amazing recipe.
As a kid, my memories with my cousins would revolve around FOOD. Yup we spent our time trying new recipes (my cousins trying and myself eating) and mostly eating new dishes. Its still an evergreen memory, she introduced me to the famous chat in India, Panipuri. From then we go crazy for those.
I had to arrange for my kids bday party and I got lost in the middle of 1000 of recipes, thankful my cousin gave her wise advice of listing the menu and share this awesome quick and easy recipe. I made this white paneer gravy for the first time for my kids b day party and it was a sure hit. The richness of the cashew and the delicate soft paneer is a crowd pleaser.
Hope you all will give it a try and share your experience.
Watch the video recipe here
1. In a sauce pan add Chopped Onions, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, green chili and cover it with water. Bring this mixture to a boil for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
2. Once done strain the mixture and grind the pulp into a paste. Reserve the water.
3. Pan fry the paneer with 1-2 tsp of ghee. This is optional.
4. In a pan heat up ghee/oil and add bay leaves. Then add the ground onion cashew paste along with the reserved water, salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
5. Add pepper and paneer and more water if needed at this stage and cook for 5 more minutes.
Now check for seasoning and finish it off with a drizzle of cream on top. Your Rich and creamy white paneer gravy is done. Enjoy it with rotis or pulao.
You could add mushrooms instead of paneer. You can replace cashew nut or poppy seeds with almonds too.