Mushroom & Capsicum Gravy Restaurant style, Surprise your family & crowd with this easy and delicious dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Mushroom and Capsicum is one of the heavenly combinations to make a rich gravy for any party or events. This satisfies the meat cravings on meatless days. This is also one of the fridge cleaning recipes, when you got just few mushrooms n capsicum in your fridge turn them into this dhaba style gravy and awe your family. Its simple to make and deliciously awesome to eat.
I got this recipe from Shalini's kitchen and slightly tweaked it to our taste buds. So the credit goes to her recipe, After trying out most of the recipes and finally got this easy yet amazingly tasty recipe.
Hope you will give it try and enjoy as we do.
Watch the video recipe here
1. In a pot add onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, mace almonds and cover it with a cup of water.
2. Cover & Cook for 7-10 minutes on medium flame, or until the tomatoes are mushy and onions are translucent.
3. Allow this mixture to cool. Once cooled fish out the almonds and peel the skin off (this is optional). Then strain the onions, tomatoes and grind into a thick paste.
4. Now in another pan/ kadai Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee/butter and saute capsicum and mushroom separately for few minutes. Set it aside.
5. In the same pan/kadai add 2 Tbsp of ghee / oil , add bay leaf, cardamom, ground paste, turmeric, salt, chili powder and mix together.
6. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium low or until oil oozes.
7. Once cooked add the reserved water, sautéed mushroom and capsicum and cook for 10-12 minutes on medium low or until oil oozes with the lid covered.
8. Finally we could garnish with cream or coriander and serve hot with pulao, chapati and even steamed rice.
1. Using ghee will give you a rich restaurant style gravy. 2. Badam/ Almonds can be substituted with cashews too. I have tried both and I found no difference. 3.You could add garam masala if you would like to, along with other spices. 4. You could use any vegetables & paneer to this gravy.