Loose your weight without compromising your tase buds. Drink it as a soup or an accompaniment with rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Horsegram / kollu/ gahat/muthira/kulath or kulthi/ hurali. You may know this in any of its name and its one of the popular beans known for its weight reducing properties. This miraculous legume Not only helps in weight loss but also cures impotency and many other medical illness.
NOTE: If the patient is suffering from non bleeding piles with constipation, then he is encouraged to include horse gram in his diet. But if it is bleeding piles, then it is best to avoid horse gram. Its not recommended for pregnant women.
Watch the video recipe here
Horse gram/ kollu
Dry red chilies
1. Soak Horse gram/ kollu at least 4-6 hrs or overnight.
2. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles and strain the water ( Use the cooked kollu to make thogayal).
3. Soak tamarind in warm water at least 10 mins prior cooking and strain its juice.
4. Grind together cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns & garlic cloves (Items Listed under TO GRIND).
5. After grind the above ingredients into a coarse mixture add diced tomatoes and grind into a fine paste.
6. Mix the ground paste, horse gram/ kollu water and tamarind juice.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
2. Followed by hing, turmeric, dry red chilies and curry leaves.
3. Then pour in the horse gram/ kollu water mixture with some extra water if needed.
4. Bring the rasam to simmering boil. Then add salt and sugar.
Finally garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy hot with rice or just simply as a soup..
1) You can replace the ground mixture with rasam powder & tomatoes. 2) Make thogayal with the cooked Horse Gram.