Instant Mint Chutney with coconut & green chutney. Tangy and spicy chutney that goes well with idlies, dosas, bajjis and more.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
With a toddler at home mornings are always busy. Getting out of the door at the mornings is very challenging not only because of the kids, but also because of cooking. This chutney recipe is a quick solution for my time crunch. I usually have green chutney on hand just like ginger garlic paste. Among many of its uses in various recipes, this instant mint chutney with coconut is the most I use it for. More variety to be shared in upcoming weeks.
Check out my Basic Green chutney recipe for more about it. http://www.surekhascookhouse.com/recipes/chutney/Basic-Green-Chutney-Essential-in-every-Indian-Kitchen/
This mint chutney goes well with almost all south Indian breakfast recipes. Its refreshing flavor makes it very suitable for morning breakfasts.
Hope you will give this recipe a try & spread Joy & happiness among family & friends.
Watch the video recipe here
1. In a mixer jar add green chilies, coconut, green chutney, water, salt and grind it into a fine paste. For Green chutney recipe check Tips.
2. In a small kadai, heat up oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow the seeds to pop.
3. Then add chana dal and cook until the dal turns golden.
4. Switch off the flame and add hing along with curry leaves and mix all together.
5. Finally mix the tempering with the chutney and serve with steaming idlies, dosas or bajjis.
1. Green Chutney Recipe: http://www.surekhascookhouse.com/recipes/chutney/Basic-Green-Chutney-Essential-in-every-Indian-Kitchen/ 2. You can add little tamarind or lime juice of preferred.