This gluten free, 2 ingredients cookie is healthy, easy to make and one of the best recipe for a beginner to try. Just as elders even kids love these. They are made up of banana & oats, making it sugarless yet sweet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6-8 cookies
As the name refers its banana oats cookies which can be made into many different flavors & toppings. Since the recipe has no sugar & gluten its suitable for babies older than 8 months. I have added peanut butter to get in some protein for my toddler.
When I had leftover bananas and was wondering how to use it, I came across this cookie recipe on internet. I gave it a try and Bhamm !! All the cookies were out in a day. My toddler loves it and she became sad when everything was over. Since its rich in fiber and no added sugars I am very much glad that she likes. We tend to have this at least twice a month (we are Indians, so this is big). Its also good for pregnant ladies to snack on these instead of store-bought once.
Hope you guys will give this recipe a try and spread the joy in your family. Healthy ingredients leads to healthy eating.
Watch the video recipe here
Peanut butter (optional)
Chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 180 C.
2. Peel a ripe banana and mash it well in a bowl.
3. Then add the oats and peanut butter (if using) and mix them well. I have used quick oats here, you could use rolled oats aswell.
4. Test the cookie dough consistency, tip the bowl upside down and the cookie dough wouldn’t fall off, then the consistency is perfect for chewy cookies.
5. Finally mix in the chocolate chips / raisins/ toppings of your choice.
6. Now prep the cookie sheet as desired with oil or butter paper and place 1 tbsp of cookie dough balls on it. Make sure to leave some space in-between.
7. With the help of a fork or by hand you could flatten the balls.
8. At last bake it in the preheated oven for 12- 15 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly golden brown.
9. Once baked place it on a wire rack to cool and enjoy it.
1. You could use any oats, I have used quick oats, you can use rolled oats too. 2. You could add honey instead of peanut butter too. 3. You could top it with your favorite toppings. And spice up the cookie with cinnamon powder too. 4. Spray some water on to the cookie sheet and stick the butter paper easily. 5. Dip the spoon in water and take the balls. This will help in easy placing of the cookie dough. 6. Similarly, dip your hand or fork in water before flattening the dough. 7. These cookies wont spread much. 8. Store it in an airtight container for 2 days. Its best eaten fresh, It will spoil soon. 9. On the other hand you could freeze the dough and bake it when needed.